University of Lausanne (Switzerland) Invites to Take Part in Winter School "GLOBE - International Relations"
Winter school GLOBE is now accepting applications from PhD students intending to situate themselves within the IR discipline. Focus is made on recent epistemological advances in non-positivist scholarship delivers expertise through tailor-made roundtables, PhD presentations, walk & talk sessions and collective readings. The overall theme is on “Risk, crises and uncertain futures”.
For Whom? Early and advanced PhD students, Postdoctoral students
How much? PhD students: CHF 400. Postdoctoral students: CHF 450.
At the end of course, students will be able:
- To use feed-back received from peer junior and senior researchers to further develop their own research project;
- to develop a reflexive and critical knowledge of the field of international relations;
- to strengthen their early integration into the international scientific community;
- to promote exchanges and confrontations of ideas with peers of all standings.
To obtain the 3.5 credits, students must:
- Submit an abstract of their thesis during the application process;
- Prepare a 5-8’000 words paper/chapter, to be presented at the Winter school;
- Write a 1’500 words reflexive essay after the Winter school;
- Be present during the entire programme;
- Read and prepare the compulsory readings prior to and during the Winter school.
Registration is open until 15 December 2019.
More information on the programme can be found here.
Do not hesitate to contact managers of the winter school via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.