Mobile Interaction Design: How to Design Usable Mobile Products and Services
- The main objective of the course is to teach you to shape mobile products and services for people’s use.
- Possesses the methods used for the context of use
- Knowledge of usability assessment methods, basic concepts and models of usability assessment
- Applying the knowledge gained to develop a test plan
- Ownership of the design process
- Ability to redesign tasks
- Ability to organize mobile user interface and navigation between its parts
- Ability to design aesthetically pleasing user interfaces
- Ability to review data analysis
- Mobile Interaction Design: An introductionThe place of interaction design activities in the whole product design process as well as essential concepts such as usability and the context of use that you need to comprehend before proceeding to the next week. Design-informing models.
- User ResearchThe methods used for studying the context of use. It also examines how to look for participants in detail, plan and conduct Cooper's ethnographic interviews and qualitative data analysis. This knowledge will enable you to drill down into the usage context of the mobile app you’ve chosen.
- Usability Inspection Methods & Intro to Usability EvaluationThe overview of usability evaluation methods, the examination of essential usability evaluation concepts and models such as user interface idioms, Norman’s Stages-of-action model, usability problems and so on, as well as detailed discussion of several usability inspection methods including Cognitive walkthrough, Scenario-based walkthrough, and design reviews. At the end of this week, you’ll learn how to make sense of data gathered through formative usability evaluation methods. Here you can find the first graded peer-review assignment dedicated to forming recruitment criteria for guerrilla usability tests you’ll conduct later.
- Guerrilla Usability Testing & Field VisitsTwo methods aimed at evaluating usability: Guerrilla usability testing and field visits It examines how to plan and conduct them in detail. You’ll apply the knowledge to develop a test plan and submit it as a part of the second graded peer-review assignment.
- The Process of Design CreationThe process of design creation and all related topics in detail.
- Accumulated Design Knowledge & Task RedesignDesigners base their solutions on design decisions already made by their fellow designers. This week is dedicated to the discussion of the knowledge that is already there and where to find it. In this week you’ll also learn basic design principles and examine the aspect that is very important for mobile interaction design: How to redesign user tasks. This week you will need to conduct the guerrilla usability testing according to the plan you have and record all its sessions. Some of these recordings may be submitted as part of the optional peer-review assignment. This will allow you to get feedback on how you moderated the study.
- Accumulated Design Knowledge & Task RedesignBasic design principles and the aspect that is very important for mobile interaction design: How to redesign user tasks.
- Navigation Design & Design RationaleThe organisation of a mobile user interface and navigation between its parts is a crucial aspect of mobile interaction design. Examines different iOS and Android navigational patterns and their application in real world context. How to write design rationale, an explicit justification of decisions behind an interaction design. This knowledge will enable you to complete the last graded peer-review assignment.
- Intro to Visual DesignDesigning aesthetically pleasant user interfaces is no less important than designing usable interfaces. How to choose and customise types, apply different types of colour schemes, select and use images, create a sign and design a harmonious layout of the mobile screen. Here you can find the peer-review assignment dedicated to the analysis of data gathered through guerrilla usability testing.
- Баканов, А.С. Эргономика пользовательского интерфейса: от проектирования к моделированию человеко-компьютерного взаимодействия : монография / А.С. Баканов, А.А. Обознов. - Москва : Институт психологии РАН, 2011. - 176 с. - ISBN 978-5-9270-0191-0. - Текст : электронный. - URL: https://new.znanium.com/catalog/product/1059475
- Мобильное приложение как инструмент бизнеса: Справочное пособие / Семенчук В. - М.:АЛЬПИНА, 2017. - 240 с.: 60x90 1/16 (Переплёт) ISBN 978-5-9614-6334-7 - Режим доступа: http://znanium.com/catalog/product/1002640
- Соколова В. В. - ВЫЧИСЛИТЕЛЬНАЯ ТЕХНИКА И ИНФОРМАЦИОННЫЕ ТЕХНОЛОГИИ. РАЗРАБОТКА МОБИЛЬНЫХ ПРИЛОЖЕНИЙ. Учебное пособие для прикладного бакалавриата - М.:Издательство Юрайт - 2019 - 175с. - ISBN: 978-5-9916-6525-4 - Текст электронный // ЭБС ЮРАЙТ - URL: https://urait.ru/book/vychislitelnaya-tehnika-i-informacionnye-tehnologii-razrabotka-mobilnyh-prilozheniy-433981