170 000 RUB/year
What will I study?
The structure of the curriculum allows students to tailor their educational trajectories with a combination of compulsory and elective courses.
- Theory and Mechanisms of Modern State and Municipal Management
- Legal Support of State and Municipal Administration
- Modern State Economic Policy
- Budget Policy and Process
- Organisational Behaviour in Public Institutions
- Practical Aspects of the Interaction between the State and Non-profit Organisations
- Project Management in the Public Sector
- Regional Economic Policy
- City Economy and the Management of Municipal Socio-economic Development
- Public Sector Economics
and other courses
- Municipal Administration
- Management of State and Municipal Procurement, Orders, and Contracts
- Ethics and Responsibility in Public Administration
Advantages of the Programme
Students of the programme gain practical skills in writing analytical notes, drawing up documents and regulatory legal acts, working with state information systems and more. Representatives of regional authorities, municipal administrations, legislative bodies and federal authorities are involved in implementing the programme. Students attend numerous master classes from leading specialists and civil servants and gain experience working on projects in the field of state and municipal administration.
A degree from a leading Russian university
Graduates of all HSE campuses receive the same HSE diploma. Master’s students also receive a European Diploma Supplement containing information about their education, their final grades on a 10-point scale, and a conversion of their final grades to the European ECTS grading system. The document is provided in both English and Russian and allows students to continue their education or work in Bologna Process member countries (48 countries) without a legal translation of their diploma.
Students from Perm have the opportunity to study for free at HSE University’s other campuses in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Nizhny Novgorod. Students are provided with dormitory accommodation for the duration of their stay in another city.
The programme trains students with the required skills for government leadership, teaching and scientific activities, and working in business with a focus on cooperation with the state.
Our graduates have gone on to work in various government and administrative positions in the city of Perm, Perm Region, Moscow and other regional and federal bodies, as well as in the media, the United Nations, senior positions in the health and education system, and in a variety of scientific and teaching roles.
Students gain the professional knowledge and skills in state and municipal administration to work with:
- event preparation and organisation
- management and financial reporting
- comprehensive problem analysis
- the use of regulatory frameworks
- applying the development principles of political, social, economic and managerial processes in practice
The Master's in Public Administration offers 19 state-funded places and 3 fee-paying places for international applicants.
Applicants can enrol in the programme based on the results of competitive selection (portfolio).
Portfolio should include:
- average diploma score
- English language score in the diploma
- international certificate confirming knowledge of English
- scientific publications
- prizes in student scientific or applied design competitions, publications
- motivation letter
None of these criteria are mandatory, but they can bring points to your application.
To apply, register here.
Full information about the admissions process for international students is available here.
For more information about admissions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, WhatsApp, Telegram: +7 (919) 486 61 31