- Create a study plan and make everything ready for your travel in ancient Egypt.
- Memorize the basic timeline of the ancient Egyptian history. Explain how ancient Egyptian history is divided into major historical periods, including the major kingdoms and intermediate periods. Explain the rise and decline of the ancient Egyptian civilization. Identify the most famous rulers and their monuments.
- Summarize the development of kingship in ancient Egypt. Outline the different roles and responsibilities of the king. Explain the importance of the myth of Osiris and the concept of divine kingship. Give examples of royal insignia and monuments.
- Recognize the major gods and goddesses and their cult centers. Recall the different versions of the creation myth and the Egyptian concept of the cosmos. Classify different categories of deities, such as the state deities, funerary deities, etc. Give examples on how ancient Egyptians deified their rulers and private individuals.
- Recall the list of Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Memorize the key facts about the great pyramids at Giza and the sphinx. Summarize the evolution of pyramids. Question how Egyptian architecture influences contemporary monuments and buildings .
- Describe why the Egyptians spent so much time and effort in preserving the dead. Outline the evolution of mummification. Memorize the ethereal aspects of an individual. Describe the steps involved in the mummification process. Identify different types of funerary equipment.
- Welcome to the Course
- The Pharaoh and Kingship
- The Pyramids and the Sphinx
- Gods and Goddesses
- History and Chronology
- Mummies and Mummification
- EssayThere is no exam in the programm.
- DiscussionsThere is no exam in the programm.
- online tests (independent work)There is no exam in the programm.
- 2021/2022 4th module0.3 * Discussions + 0.3 * Essay + 0.4 * online tests (independent work)
- Kemp, Barry J. Ancient Egypt : Anatomy of a Civilisation. Ed.: 2nd ed. London : Routledge. 2006
- Тураев Б. А. - ДРЕВНИЙ ЕГИПЕТ - М.:Издательство Юрайт - 2019 - 154с. - ISBN: 978-5-534-07154-2 - Текст электронный // ЭБС ЮРАЙТ - URL: https://urait.ru/book/drevniy-egipet-442250