From the first year, students necessarily study two foreign languages. The first foreign language for all students is English. Particular attention is paid to teaching business English. As a second foreign language, students can choose German, French or Chinese.
Part of the disciplines of the programme is implemented in English. By the fourth year, students are fluent in English to study the subject content of specializations and elective disciplines. It is possible to carry out course and thesis works in English, and abstracts and projects in a second foreign language.
- first and second foreign languages;
- history and literature of the countries of the studied language;
- introduction to linguistics;
- theory and history of management;
- data analysis and visualization, etc.
- intercultural business communication;
- translation studies;
- theory and methods of teaching foreign languages.
A more detailed list of disciplines is available in the "Training Courses" section.
A large number of hours of the first and second foreign language
The number of hours allotted for studying the first and second foreign languages is much more than in similar programmes at other universities.
Emphasis on teaching business English
The university has accumulated vast experience in teaching business English and preparing for international exams in English for business communication (BEC - Business English Certificate). Our professors have experience in international business and are ready to share their knowledge with students.
Active scientific and research activities
The programme involves mastering the basics of scientific and research activities necessary for further education in a Russian-speaking or English-speaking master's programme. Research seminars, meetings with leading scientists and researchers, scientific conferences are held for students. Students have the opportunity to participate as research trainees in research projects implemented by HSE.
Strong teaching staff
More than 80% of professors involved in the implementation of the educational programme are candidates and doctors of science. A number of classes are taught by specialists in the field of methods of teaching foreign languages, translation studies, and intercultural communication.
Diploma of the leading Russian university
All graduates of HSE, regardless of which campus they studied on, receive a single standard diploma from the Higher School of Economics. In addition, bachelors receive a European Diploma Supplement containing information about the education received, all final grades on a 10-point scale, and the translation of final grades into the ECTS scale in force in Europe. The document is drawn up in two languages — English and Russian and allows to continue education or work in the countries participating in the Bologna Process (48 countries) without a legal translation of the diploma.
Study of managerial disciplines and disciplines of the Data Culture cycle
All students of the educational programme study such disciplines of the managerial cycle as Theory and History of Management, Theory of Organization, Marketing and others, and also learn how to work with large amounts of data, analyze and visualize them.
Competences of the "second" profession
In addition to studying two foreign languages and professional disciplines within the framework of the programme, students can master the "second" specialty. Minor is a combination of four disciplines that are not related to the main direction of training.
Students from Perm have the opportunity to study free of charge at other HSE campuses: in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Nizhny Novgorod. Duration — from one and a half months to a year. At the same time, students are provided with places in the dormitory for the period of residence in another city. Students can also participate in academic mobility programmes at foreign HSE partner universities (at least one semester of study).
The programme of preparation of bachelors includes:
- cycle of general disciplines
- professional cycle, including Major (general professional and special disciplines of the field of study: basic and variable parts), Minor (variable part at the choice of students)
- practical training, which includes project activities, term paper and final qualifying work, as well as internship
- final state certification
Internship is an important component of the programme. Students have practical training in accordance with the chosen specialization:
- students of the specialization "Theory and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages" — schools of the university district and the language centers of Perm
- students of the specialization "Translation Studies" —translation companies
- students of the specialization "Intercultural Business Communication" — departments of corporate communications and international relations of enterprises in Perm, as well as organizations working in the field of culture and experience economy
In addition, during the learning process, students have many opportunities to participate in the rich cultural and social life of HSE Perm. There are various clubs, organizations and communities that can satisfy everyone's interests. For students, the iTell scientific conference and the HSE Talks public speaking competition, scientific lectures and seminars in foreign languages are held annually.
List of professions of graduates of the programme by training profiles
Intercultural business communication:
- specialist in a communication/consulting agency;
- specialist in work with foreign partners;
- Corporate Communications / PR / HR Marketing Specialist;
- Head of Corporate Communications Department;
- press officer, etc.
Translation and translation studies:
- specialist in interpretation and translation;
- personal assistant;
- speechwriter / copywriter / webwriter.
Theory and methods of teaching foreign languages:
- teacher of foreign languages in secondary and higher schools;
- tutor of a personalized learning path;
- head of the language school.
The Foreign Languages and Intercultural Communication in Business offers 5 fee-paying places. You can apply to the programme on the basis of results of entrance examinations or the results of International Olympiad participation.
- English (minimum score - 60)
- Russian language (minimum score - 50)
To apply, register here.
Full information about the admissions process for international students is available here.
For more information about admissions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, WhatsApp, Telegram: +7 (919) 486 61 31.