- Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to demonstrate understanding how relationships with other countries affect a national economy performing and to evaluate effects of economic policies. They should be able to analyze determinants of the exchange rate and interest rates, changing in output and prices, factors of the economic growth, and models of consumer behavior and investments.
- Students will obtain better understanding regarding relationship between the dynamics of macroeconomic indicator in different countries, effects of economic policy on macroeconomic sustainability, and changing in economic actors’ behavior.
- Knowledge of such characteristics of an open economy as the balance of payments principles and determinants of the exchange rate.
- Knowledge of the determinants and models of economic growth.
- Knowledge of what factors influence the dynamics of aggregate demand and causes economic fluctuations.
- Knowledge of what factors influence the dynamics of aggregate supply.
- Skills in analyzing effects of economic policy on macroeconomic sustainability.
- Skills in analyzing reasons for economic fluctuations and mechanisms of achieving the general equilibrium in an economy, understanding the sources of macroeconomic instability.
- Understanding the principles of economic agent behavior.
- The open economy: general characteristics
- Aggregate demand
- Aggregate supply
- Economic fluctuations
- Consumption and investments
- Economic growth
- Economic Policy Issues
- Test 1
- Test 2
- Test 3
- Test 4
- Classroom activity
- Self-study work
- Exam 1
- Exam 2The exam is held in written form via MS Teams. Students have to connect to MS Teams according to the schedule emailed by a lecturer a day before the exam.
- 2021/2022 3rd module
- 2021/2022 4th module0.18 * Classroom activity + 0.4 * Exam 1 + 0.18 * Self-study work + 0.12 * Test 1 + 0.12 * Test 2
- Blanchard, O. (2017). Macroeconomics, Global Edition (Vol. Seventh edition). Harlow, UK: Pearson. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=nlebk&AN=1426555
- Fernando de Holanda Barbosa. (2018). Macroeconomic Theory. Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.b.spr.sprbok.978.3.319.92132.7
- Advanced Macroeconomics, Romer D., 2006