Data Analysis in Spreadsheets
- Know basic principles of working with Spreadsheets.
- Import data, make basic manipulation with it to prepare data for analysis, apply basic methods of preliminary data analysis and visualize data.
- Have skills of interpreting the result of data analysis and understanding limitation and relevance of applied methods.
- Know basic data types in Spreadsheets. Is able to determine data types and convert them. Have skills of conditional formatting.
- Know basic functions to calculate summary statistics. Is able to build pivot tables. Have skills of data visualizing depending on data and task type.
- Spreadsheet Basics1. Basics of Spreadsheets and data types. 2. Predefined and conditional functions.
- Data Analysis and Visualization with Spreadsheets3. Pivot tables. 4. Statistics in Spreadsheets. 5. Data visualization
- Self-study work
- ExamFinal student assessment is a project, that is performed in a team of no more than 2 people. Each team uses provided dataset of collets their own data, define research question and apply one or a combination of the learnt methods of data analysis with Spreadsheets. As a result of the project each team write down the report and prepare working file. The grade for the exam includes the grade for the report, grade for the working file and the grade for answering questions.
- Goldmeier, J. (2014). Advanced Excel Essentials. [United States]: Apress. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=898783
- Slager, D. (2016). Essential Excel 2016 : A Step-by-Step Guide. [Berkeley]: Apress. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1361984
- Schmuller, J. (2013). Statistical Analysis with Excel For Dummies (Vol. 3rd ed). New York: For Dummies. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=566464