- Acquaintance of the student with the basic concepts of Strategic Management used in the study process
- Formation of the student's idea of the methodology of strategic analysis, choice of strategy, determination of key competencies of the company in the field of development and implementation of the strategy
- Demonstration of the main approaches to the interpretation of the results of strategic management
- Practical testing of theoretical approaches to strategic management
- use foreign and domestic experience in managing modern companies using a strategic approach
- make effective decisions using various models and methods of managerial decision-making from the perspective of a strategic approach
- analyse the external and internal environment of the company, identify its key elements and evaluate their impact on the company
- develop competition strategies taking into account the operating conditions of the company;
- identify strategic alternatives and evaluate their efficiency;
- develop a strategic plan for a particular company
- develop corporate, competitive and functional strategies for the development of the company;
- use internal and external motivation to implement the strategy
- evaluate the effectiveness of the strategic management system
- Section 1. General approaches to strategic management in the company. Modern model of strategic management.
- Section 2. Formation of the company’s strategy. Stages of the strategic process Strategic guidelines: vision, mission, organizational values, strategic goals, strategic intent.
- Section 3. External environment of the organization: identification of opportunities and threats (analysis of strategic factors).
- Section 4. Competitiveness of the company, identification of strengths and weaknesses. (business diagnostics).
- Section 5. Portfolio analysis.
- Section 6. Competitive advantages of the enterprise.
- Section 7. Development and implementation of the strategy.
- Section 8. Modern approaches to strategic management. Blue Ocean Strategy. Business models as the basis of strategy.
- SeminarsAttendance + 5 classroom presentations
- Online course
- Exam30 questions, multiple answers
- Quizzes (cases)4 quizzes
- 2022/2023 2nd module0.2 * Quizzes (cases) + 0.2 * Seminars + 0.2 * Online course + 0.4 * Exam
- Strategic management. Awareness and change, Thompson J., Martin F., 2005
- Strategic management. Building and sustaining competitive advantage, Pitts R.A., Lei D., 2006
- Strategic management. Concepts and cases, David F.R., 2007
- Becerra, M. (2009). Theory of the Firm for Strategic Management : Economic Value Analysis. Cambridge University Press.
- Cinici, M. C., Dagnino, G. B., & Cinici, M. C. (2016). Research Methods for Strategic Management. London: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1089808
- David, F. R., & David, F. R. (2016). Strategic Management: A Competitive Advantage Approach, Concepts and Cases, Global Edition. [Place of publication not identified]: Pearson. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1422985
- Kannan, V. R. (2013). Strategic Management in the 21st Century [3 Volumes]. Santa Barbara, Calif: Praeger. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=658612
- Michael A. Hitt, R. Duane Ireland, & Robert E. Hoskisson. (2020). Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases: Competitiveness and Globalization, Edition 13: Vol. 13th edition. Cengage Learning.
- Sutton, D. C. (2001). Making strategy: the journey of strategic management. International Journal of Market Research, 43(2), 242–244. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=bsu&AN=4773211