This is the only International Business and Economics programme in Russia offered simultaneously across three campuses.
- The opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree in two fields (depending on the specialization):
3) Management and Economics
- Bilingual programme to prepare for an international career
- Inter-campus and international mobility
- Long-term internships (6-month work placements)
During the first two years, students complete basic courses in modern economic theory, management, mathematics, data analysis, and digital competencies. During the third and fourth years, students choose one of the professional tracks (specializations).
- Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Mathematical Analysis and the Basics of Econometrics
- Economic Statistics
- Management and Strategies
- Analytical Communications and Data Visualization
- Project Management and Business Planning
- Financial Accounting
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Optimal Decision Methods
- Business Ethics
- Making Management Decisions
- Industry Markets Analysis
- Digital Literacy
- Python for Data Analysis
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Data Analysis in Economics and Management
- Management and Economics of Personnel in Organizations
- Product Management and Marketing
- International Business and Sustainable Development
- Financial Analytics and Investment Management
- Business in the Digital Economy
- Performance Management and Business Audit
Upper-level courses also include industry modules that are conducted in cooperation with leading Russian and foreign companies that serve as strategic partners of HSE:
- Understanding pharmaceuticals to build a future career (with Geropharm): business assessment and development, research and licensing in the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding IT to build a future career (with Ozon): digital business models, platform solutions, e-commerce, product management and customer development in IT
- Understanding retail to build a future career (with Lenta): challenges and opportunities for data management in retail, fundamentals and factors of retail digital supply chain management
- Understanding IT Marketing to build a future career (with Yandex): structure and functions of digital business models, digital product marketing
- Understanding of the retail business of commercial banks (with Sberbank and Rosbank): commercial banking retail business model, digital processes in the banking sector
- Understanding operations to build a future career (with Lebherr, GAZ, Magna, Uralchem): business development technologies, production process implementation, business process optimization and transformation
The programme takes a project-based learning approach in which students participate in real business projects from partner companies beginning in their second year.
In addition, students get involved in a variety of pursuits, including sports, the arts, socially important projects, as well as cultural and popular science events.
The programme is focused on preparing managers and analysts to lead Russian and foreign companies in the fields of IT, telecommunications, consulting, banking, as well as in small and medium-sized businesses.
Many graduates also choose to continue their studies in master's programmes at leading Russian and foreign universities.
- Audit and Consulting: PricewaterhouseCoopers, E&Y, KPMG, SBS Consulting
- Commercial banks: Sberbank, VTB, Klookva bank
- International manufacturing and FMCG companies: Unilever, Nestle, Henkel, P&G, Leroy Merlin
- Russian industry leaders: LUKOIL, SIBUR, URALCHEM, PNPPK, Novomet
- IT: Yandex, Macroscop, Smart Analytics, Ozon, Galileosky
- Telecom: Rostelecom, Er-Telecom Holding
The International Bachelor’s in Business and Economics has 90 state-funded and 60 fee-paying places. You can apply to the programme on the basis of results of entrance examinations and/or the results of subject Olympiad participation.
- Mathematics (minimum score - 55)
- Foreign language (minimum score - 55)
- Russian language (minimum score - 55)
Accounting for individual achievements
Individual achievements are taken into account when applying to the International Bachelor’s in Business and Economics, which gives applicants additional points.
Detailed information on admissions, including admission rules, can be found on the page for applicants to the undergraduate programme.