International Olympiad Competitions for Youth
Who can take part in the Olympiad?
Foreign nationals and stateless persons, including fellow nationals living abroad:
– Students of the 8th-11th forms (9th-12th forms in case of 12-year educational programme) from schools, lyceums, colleges in countries near and far abroad;
– School graduates from countries near and far abroad under the age of 30, having a document of secondary education.
Olympiad competitions are held:
- in Russian (all subjects) and in English (mathematics);
- in one stage;
- in intramural format – in Russia and abroad;
- in extramural format – for competitions in design
The competitions are held from 24 to 28 October 2017
What are the advantages of taking part in the Olympiad?
For 11th form (12th form in case of 12-year educational programme) students of schools, lyceums, colleges in foreign countries and secondary school graduates under the age of 30, having a document on secondary education:
- Winners and medalists of the Olympiad have the opportunity to enroll at HSE’s bachelor/specialist educational programmes without entrance examinations, besides, they may be granted a state scholarship of the Russian Government.
- Test results of the Olympiad participants give an advantage during the enrollment at HSE’s bachelor/specialist educational programmes.
To take part in the Olympiad, you need to:
1. Prepare yourself by having a look at demo-versions of the Olympiad tasks.
2. Register online at the Olympiad page (Compulsory registration is open until 10 October 2017)
3. Come to an Olympiad venue in your country according to the timetable of competitions and addresses of venues.
You can find the list of subjects here.
More detailed information can be found at the Olympiad site.