The HSE-Perm IT Office aims to provide computer resources including computer software owned by the university to support its academic and administrative functions.
The HSE-Perm IT Office’s main tasks are to:
- generate technical specifications and technical statements for the purchase of equipment, supplies and accessories for HSE-Perm;
- develop long-term plans for the campus IT infrastructure;
- carry out equipment acceptance, preparation and installation at work places and in classrooms;
- ensure performance of HSE-Perm’s equipment;
- setup and maintain HSE-Perm’s staff working places;
- repair, maintain and upgrade equipment at work places and in classrooms;
- participate in planning, forming and application of HSE technical policy in choosing personal computers, peripherals, audio, video and copy appliances, and software;
- maintain accountability for the campus computer equipment, software and supplies;
- prepare technical statements on discarding failed and out-of-date equipment with subsequent recycling;
- develop, install, maintain, replace and upgrade software as part of developing new information and educational technologies;
- build and develop computer networks using the facilities available.