170 000 RUB/year
What Will I Study?
The programme is unique for its interdisciplinary approach that combines academic, practice-oriented and project-oriented components.
- Introduction to Data Science
- Visual Studies
- Historical Textual Criticism
- Concepts and Approaches of Digital Humanities
- Basics of Python Programming
- Digital Methods in the Preservation and Presentation of Cultural Heritage
- Information Systems and Databases in the Humanities
- Social Network Analysis in the Humanities
- Spatial Analysis in the Humanities
- Digital Methods of Text Analysis
- Digital Education
- New Media and more
Advantages of the Programme
Practice-oriented learning principles
The programme cooperates with Perm’s leading cultural organisations to give students of all levels an opportunity to engage in active work: solving real problems; analysing political, cultural, social and other types of information; and designing and developing digital humanities resources (including those based on databases and web technologies).
Highly qualified teaching staff
The programme is taught by HSE professors whose research has been published in leading Russian journals. All full-time professors have academic degrees. The programme also includes instruction from IT specialists and representatives of large local enterprises.
Modern resources and technologies
The university has created the optimal environment to train competent specialists, complete with spacious facilities and computer rooms equipped with the latest tools and software.
A degree from a leading Russian university
Graduates of all HSE campuses receive the same HSE diploma. Master’s students also receive a European Diploma Supplement containing information about their education, their final grades on a 10-point scale, and a conversion of their final grades to the European ECTS grading system. The document is provided in both English and Russian and allows students to continue their education or work in Bologna Process member countries (48 countries) without a legal translation of their diploma.
Students from Perm have the opportunity to study for free at HSE University’s other campuses in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Nizhny Novgorod. Students are provided with dormitory accommodation for the duration of their stay in another city.
The Master’s in Digital Humanities trains interdisciplinary specialists capable of working in fields as diverse as:
- universities (as researchers and professors)
- Russian and international IT companies involved in digitisation, visualisation and data security
- museums and archives (as researchers and employees engaged in the digitisation and creation of virtual collections)
- informatisation departments in various organisations and more
The Master's in Digital Humanities offers 10 state-funded places and 3 fee-paying places for international applicants.
Applicants can enrol in the programme based on the results of competitive selection (portfolio)
Portfolio should include:
- average diploma score
- international certificate confirming knowledge of English, assessment for an external independent exam or a certificate of education with honours in the areas of training)
- scientific publications
- prizes in student scientific or applied design competitions, publications
- experience in project and practical work in the master's degree profile
- a diploma of secondary vocational education, additional document on education and qualifications, diploma of professional retraining
- motivation letter
None of these criteria are mandatory, but they can bring points to your application.
To apply, register here.
Full information about the admissions process for international students is available here.
For more information about admissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; WhatsApp, Telegram: +7 (919) 486 61 31