Buddies are current HSE University, Perm students who volunteer to help incoming international students to settle into life in Perm and feel more confident in a new cultural and social environment. You meet your buddy upon your arrival or can request their help any time throughout your stay.
What buddies do:
- Meet you at the airport or dormitory;
- Accompany you to your dormitory and help you with the check-in process;
- Provide you with general hands-on experience (campus buildings, useful apps, emergency phone numbers, etc);
- Help you deal with local documents and forms in Russian;
- Recommend you events and places in the city;
- Re-direct you to a person in charge in case your question requires HSE University, Perm administration's involvement.
| What buddies do not do:
- Meet you during night hours (from 9 PM till 8 AM);
- Become your full-time personal assistant (respect their personal time and space)
- Offer any financial or other material help.
You can request buddy support by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.