Theory and Practice of Public Administration
Носов Дмитрий Владимирович
- The objectives of the development of the discipline "Theory and mechanisms of modern public administration" are:increasing the level of scientific and theoretical knowledge in the field of public administration; generalization of theoretical knowledge about the modern public administration system in Russia; deepening professional competencies in the field of public administration in the context of socio-political transformations of the modern Russian management system.
- know the main theoretical concepts and legal framework in the field of state administration and local self-government
- own special terminology and modern scientific methodology in the field of the modern theory of public administration
- professionally understand (be able) in the organization and functioning of modern public administration and the specific activities of state bodies at local, regional and federal levels
- professionally understand (be able) the process and technologies of Public Administration
- Section 1. General Theory of Public AdministrationTheme 1. The concept, principles, elements and functions of public administration. The concept, goals and characteristics of public administration. Principles and methods of public administration. The functions of public administration. Theme 2. The state as a subject of management. Elements of government The concept, signs, basic characteristics of the state. Theories of the origin of the state. Public functions of the state. Structural elements of public administration. Form of government. Political regime. The form of government.
- Section 2. The modern system of governmentTheme 3. Government bodies as subjects of government Place of government in the government. The essence of the executive branch. The essence and characteristics of a state body. Types of government bodies. The structure of government bodies. Requirements for the structure of government bodies. Theme 4. Institute of public and municipal services in the public administration system The structure of government bodies of the Russian Federation. Institute of the President of Russia. Institute of Legislature in Russia. Judicial Institute in the Russian Federation. Bodies of special competence in the structure of state power. Executive power as an institution for the implementation of public administration. The essence and role of the executive branch in the system of separation of powers. The structure of the executive authorities of the Russian Federation. Structure and competence of the Government of the Russian Federation. Administrative reform in Russia. Theme 5. State power in the subjects of the Russian Federation The specifics of the Russian federal system: the interaction of the federal center and the subjects of the federation. Regional government bodies (on the example of the Perm Territory). The interaction of state authorities at the federal and regional levels.
- Section 3. Institute of Public AdministrationTheme 6. Concept and legal regulation of state civil and municipal service in the Russian Federation The system of public service of the Russian Federation. Fundamentals of the state civil service of the Russian Federation. Posts and class ranks of the civil service. Technologies for selecting individuals for the civil service. Civil Service Technology. The grounds and consequences of the termination of civil service. Theme 7. Organizational basis for the prevention of corruption in the state and municipal service General characteristics of the corruption prevention system in the public (municipal) service. Collection of income information as an element of the corruption prevention system in the state and municipal services. Conflict of interest in state and municipal services. The mechanism of bringing state and municipal employees to disciplinary liability for committing corruption offenses.
- Section 4. The process and technologies of public administrationTheme 8. The system of strategic public administration in the Russian Federation. The concept and hierarchy of strategic public administration. Key strategic documents of the strategic development of Russia. The concept and principles of planning and forecasting activities. Regional strategic management on the example of the Perm region.Theme 9. State socio-economic policy The concept and directions of the internal economic policy of the state. Foreign economic policy of the state. Social policy of the state: concept, directions, implementation problems. Theme 10. The effectiveness of public administration The concept of the effectiveness of public administration. Performance indicators of state executive bodies. Key performance indicators of structural units of state authorities. The concept and types of management decisions of public authorities. The principles of organization and control of the implementation of management decisions. Information support of the public administration process.
- Seminar work
- Independent work
- Control work
- In-class examThe exam is conducted in the form of a test using asynchronous proctoring. The exam is conducted on the moodle platform (https://et.hse.ru), proctoring on the Examus platform (https://hse.student.examus.net). You need to connect to the exam in 15 minutes. On the Examus platform, system testing is available. The student's computer must meet the following requirements: https://elearning.hse.ru/data/2020/05/07/1544135594/Technical%20requirements%20к%20PC%20student.pdf) To participate in the exam, the student must: go to the proctoring platform in advance, conduct a system test, turn on the camera and microphone, and verify identity. During the exam, students are prohibited from: communicating (on social networks, with people in the room), writing off. A short-term communication disruption during the exam is considered interruption of communication up to 10 minutes. A long-term communication disorder during an exam is considered to be a communication interruption of 10 minutes or more. In case of a long-term communication disruption, the student cannot continue to participate in the exam. The transfer procedure is similar to the surrender procedure.
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.2 * Control work + 0.4 * In-class exam + 0.2 * Independent work + 0.2 * Seminar work
- Marin, R. (2019). Methods of Analyzing the Functioning of a Public Administration System. Ovidius University Annals, Series Economic Sciences, 19(1), 461–464. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=bsu&AN=138041085
- Simon, H. A., Smithburg, D. W., & Thompson, V. A. (2017). Public Administration. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1565143
- Peters, B. G., Erkkilä, T., & Maravić, P. von. (2016). Public Administration : Research Strategies, Concepts, and Methods. New York: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1067662
- Swiss public administration making the state work successfully Andreas Ladner, Nils Soguel, Yves Emery, Sophie Weerts, Stéphane Nahrath, editors. (2019). Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edswao&AN=edswao.510623514