Business Value Management
- The course covers major strategic financial issues related with financial accounting, investments, value creation and business strategy. Such issues are of particular important for company financial officers, managers and analysts involved or interacting with finance-related activities and decision-making process.
- A solid foundation in developing an integrated value-based framework for strategic decision-making.
- Different types of capital structure and their implications for cost of capital and associated decisions
- Formulating of a company strategy taking account of a range of stakeholders and their interests and differing investment and financing options
- Identifying and justifying the range of investment appraisal techniques, select as appropriate and apply within the investment appraisal process, and make the recommendation about the investment strategy
- Mechanisms of making investment decisions that create value for shareholders and firm valuation techniques and key value drivers identification, including intellectual resources
- The nature and significance of financial risk and uncertainty, and apply techniques to take account of these financial risks
- Using financial and accounting statements to measure the financial health of a company, forecasting and managing a company’s short- and long-term liquidity needs, measuring the contribution of a new project or acquisition to shareholder value, and critically evaluate and analyze them in order to evaluate the business strategy.
- Investment Analysis
- Introduction into the strategic financial management (SFM):
- Value based management (VBM)
- Seminar (parts 2-3)
- Control Work
- Project 1 (Self-study work)
- Project 2
- Seminars (part 1)
- 2021/2022 1st module0.6 * Control Work + 0.4 * Seminars (part 1)
- 2021/2022 2nd module0.35 * 2021/2022 2nd module + 0.4 * Project 1 (Self-study work) + 0.25 * Project 2
- Paul Asquith, & Lawrence A. Weiss. (2019). Lessons in Corporate Finance : A Case Studies Approach to Financial Tools, Financial Policies, and Valuation: Vol. Second edition. Wiley.
- Инвестиционная оценка. Инструменты и методы оценки любых активов : пер. с англ., Дамодаран А., 2011
- McKinsey & Company Inc, Tim Koller, Marc Goedhart, & David Wessels. (2020). Valuation : Measuring and Managing the Value of Companies, University Edition. Wiley.