• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

Visa and Registration

Address: 37a Boulvar Gagarina, Room 216

Document submission / Visiting hours

Monday - Friday: 9.30 am - 6:00 pm

Contact: Faculty and Student Support Office, Anna Shtennikova at +7 (342) 254-56-06, ext. 6237, e-mail: ashtennikova@hse.ru


Single-entry visa 

1. Initial single-entry visa is given to you by a Russian consulate in your country of residence. The visa is valid for 90 days only. It lets you enter Russia only once. If you leave the country while having only a single-entry visa, you will not be allowed to enter Russia before you receive another single-entry visa. 

IMPORTANT:  Be prepared to stay in Russia without leaving for the first 3 months after your arrival, until you receive your multiple-entry visa. 

If you plan to study/have internship at HSE-Perm, you should  apply for a Student visa to Russia:

1) check the study visa requirements at the Russian consulate in your country of residence.

2) check the steps of the initial visa procedure.
3) apply for a study visa at the Russian consulate according to your student category.

NOTE: your passport must be valid for at least 1,5 years beginning from the validity start date of the visa. 

IMPORTANT:  The HSE-Perm does not sponsor visas for family members or friends. If you intend to have guests come visit you in Russia, their visa and registration arrangements will have to be taken care of independently.

Multiple-entry visa

2. Multiple-entry visa replaces the single entry visa and allows you to re-enter the country multiple times. 

The multiple-entry visa is given  only for the duration of the student's study period and cannot be valid for longer than 1 year. 
Students who study at HSE-Perm longer than 1 year will have to re-apply for another multiple-entry visa every year.

Multiple-entry visa will be valid straight after the day your single-entry visa expired.Thus, if there is a necessity for you to leave Russia before your single-entry visa expires, you can return to Russia only via obtaining a new invitation and applying for a new single-entry visa in your country of residence.

The Faculty and Student Support Office apply for a multiple-entry visa. 

Documents for the multiple-entry visa must be submitted 30-45 days prior to the date your previous visa expires on.
If a students submits documents for the multiple-entry visa later than 30 days until the expiry of the current visa, the Faculty and Student Support Office will not accept them.

The following documents must be submitted with the multiple-entry visa application:

    • copy of the passport ID page + visa page
    • migration card original + copy
    • registration original + copy
    • 1 photo 3x4 (color)
    • visa extension fee payment (pick it up at the Faculty and Student Support Office)
    • certificate of enrollment from your your programme manager/mobility coordinator (all students)
    • copy of your contract (only fee-paying students)
    • letter of referral from the Ministry of Education and Science (only quota degree students) 
    • copy of the enrollment order (only exchange/semester students)
    • visa application form 

    When the visa is issued, you will be invited by e-mail to the Faculty and Student Support Office to bring your passport.


    Apply to Faculty and Student Support Office for the registration within 1 day after your arrival to Russia.

    Prepare legible scans of your documents: 

    + passport (ID page + visa page) 
    + migration card

    You should pick up your registration at the Faculty and Student Support Office in 3 days after the documents have been submitted.
    Always keep the original registration with you.

    When you apply for a multiple-entry visa, you will have to submit the original registration notice together with the application documents. 

    The Faculty and Student Support Office will give you a certified copy of the registration in lieu of the original. 
    The new registration will be issued together with the new multiple-entry visa.

    Migration card

    Migration cards will be handed out during your flight to Russia (if you are arriving by land or sea you will usually need to ask for a card at the immigration post). These cards consist of two identical parts printed either side-to-side or top-to-bottom. Both parts need to be filled out, in either English or Russian. 

    The card is straightforward to complete, but it is important that you should underline "Учеба/Education" for ‘Purpose of travel'. If another purpose is indicated, you will have to go back to the border to get a new migration card with the correct purpose of visit indicated. Also make sure the dates indicated under ‘Duration of stay’ coincide with the period of stay indicated in your visa.

    This document has to be presented at the passport control when you leave. It is extremely important to keep the migration card that you receive when you enter Russia Always keep the original migration card with you. If you lose it, you will have to pay a heavy fine and file an application for recovery at the police station of the district where the card was lost. After that you must apply to receive a new migration card at the Multifunctional Centre (public services office) of the Motovilikhinsky district located at Uralskaya Ulitsa, 47a. 

    REMINDER:  Every time you leave Russia and come back, you need to obtain a migration card and re-apply for registration at the Faculty and Student Support Office. Also if you travel to another Russian city and stay in a hotel there, you must re-apply for registration at the Faculty and Student Support Office.

    Certified copy of the passport

    A good back-up to have with you in the city instead of the original passport. Keep the original passport in a safe place.

    Bring your passport copy to Anna Shtennikova at the Faculty and Student Support Office, office 216, Bulvar Gagarina ulitsa, 37a, for certification with the HSE stamp.




    Have you spotted a typo?
    Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
    To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.