Blockchain Technology for Business
Полещук Александр Николаевич
Якушкина Татьяна Сергеевна
- The course is aimed at acquiring the basic level of knowledge about the blockchain technology and its business applications. Students will study how blockchain facilitates enterprises in different areas: funding, management, value creation and monetization, supply chains.
- Theoretical knowledge of the main concepts and properties of blockchain technologies
- Acquaintance with white papers of different blockchain-based projects
- Experience in analysis of practical cases of blockchain application
- Ability to identify and assess perspectives of enterprise blockchain applications
- An introduction to blockchain technologyGeneral overview of the basic properties of the technology. Introduction of the fundamental concepts: blocks, public and private keys, transactions, smart contracts. Perspectives for business process automation
- Decentralization, transparency, and privacyAdvantages of blockchain technology for applications. Eliminating third-party verification. Decentralization, immutability, transparency. Last-mile problem. Public and private blockchains. Self-sovereign identity and web3.0 technological stack
- CryptocurrenciesBitcoin as an example of blockchain. Cryptocurrencies and their characteristics, the utility of proof-of-work. Decentralized utility: storage (IPFS and Filecoin), fungibility (privacy preserving platforms Monero and zCash)
- Blockchain for enterpriseClassification of the area of blockchain enterprise cases. Blockchain as a service for business. Cases of successful implementation. Exonum, Hyperleder, Ethereum. Real estate, GovTech
- Tokens and tokenomicsTokens as a form of programmable assets. Tokenomics and client engagement. ICOs as a new way to build financial strategy. Using tokens to create digital ecosystems. Exchanges (Binance), wallets, decentralized markets and communities (e.g. Reddit)
- New business modelsDisruption of traditional centralized business models. Formation of innovative market niches. SSI-based systems and Proof-of-Stake. Internet of People. Robonomics. DeFi in MakerDAO
- Future of the technologyRegulation of cryptomarket TON vs Libra vs ETH. Integration with AI and IoT technologies. Scaling blockchains, Polkadot, TON, ETH 2.0, IoTa, Toda. Gamification revolution
- Lecture grades
- Home assignments5 assignments on the Parts 2-6
- ExamStudents prepare a case study on the blockchain applications
- Seminars grades
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.3 * Exam + 0.35 * Home assignments + 0.26 * Lecture grades + 0.09 * Seminars grades
- Mougayar, W. (2016). The Business Blockchain : Promise, Practice, and Application of the Next Internet Technology. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1228241
- BASHIR, I. (2018). Mastering Blockchain : Distributed Ledger Technology, Decentralization, and Smart Contracts Explained, 2nd Edition. Packt Publishing.
- Mukhopadhyay, M. (2018). Ethereum Smart Contract Development : Build Blockchain-based Decentralized Applications Using Solidity. Packt Publishing.
- Saravanan Krishnan, Valentina E. Balas, Julie Golden, Y. Harold Robinson, S. Balaji, & Raghvendra Kumar. (2020). Handbook of Research on Blockchain Technology. Academic Press.